We understand that move-ins and move-outs are stressful, and we want to make the experience as smooth as possible. Wondering when and where to sign your lease? Not sure how to go about picking up your keys? Unsure what to do if you choose not to renew when your lease is up? Our staff will be more than happy to go over the details with you. For an overview of our move-in and move-out processes, see the outlines below.
- Once deposit has been received, lease will be sent to tenants via email.
- When lease is signed, Property Manager will schedule a move-in appointment at our office.
- First month’s rent is due at the time of move-in and proration paid at the beginning of the second month. If move in occurs on or after the 24th day of the month, the proration is due at move-in.
- Tenant will receive set(s) of keys, a move-in packet with relative information, and a move-in condition report at designated move-in time.
- Tenant has 48 hours after move-in to return the completed move-in report to our office.
- If any issues are noted with the property condition (e.g. cleaning needed), tenant must notify Property Manager immediately and report the issue. If tenants choose to resolve the issue on their own, we are not responsible for rectifying the issue, and the issue will be marked as resolved.
- All required utilities (as detailed in the lease) must be changed over into the tenant’s name prior to occupancy.
- Prior to vacating, tenant is required to give a 60-day written notice that they will be vacating (two full months prior to lease end date).
- Tenants are to return the property in the following condition:
- Property should be returned to its original condition.
- Interior to be cleaned as per our guidelines.
- Carpets should be professionally cleaned, and a receipt provided to Property Management office.
- Tenant’s security deposit is applied to charges in the following order:
- Property damage beyond normal wear and tear
- Any necessary interior cleaning/carpet cleaning
- Any outstanding tenant balance (if applicable)
- Tenant’s security deposit will be returned within 14 days if there are no claims on the security deposit.
- If there is a claim on the security deposit remaining deposit will be mailed to tenant as per Florida Statute.
- Any remaining balance owed is the tenant’s responsibility and is to be paid within 30 days of tenant receiving statement of security deposit liquidation. Unpaid balances after 30 days will be submitted to collections.